Thursday 30 January 2020

Repeat

I recently heard a story from one of my clients – a wonderful endorsement of the way they did business.

"Last year, one of our consultants helped a client with an application.  In the end, the client decided on a different supplier that suited them better.  As always, we respect their decision and choice, wished them well and closed down the case.
Imagine our delight today when the same client showed up with two friends who needed our help!  They wanted them to use us because they had been so pleased with the service they received before. 
That’s what it’s all about!  I can bang on about service standards to the team and they are all great with their clients, but it’s times like these that bring the message home in the best possible way!"

This story illustrates perfectly, though, the old saying about “as ye sow, so shall ye reap”.  In this case, although the client didn’t stay with my client, they brought new business to them.  

They were treated well, and they did what we all want – they brought my client more business.

Clients who are well-treated tend to be more forgiving of mistakes (as long as they’re put right) and  will tell their friends about the great service they received.  Those who are treated as “transactions” will act like “transactions”: they won’t come again and  they’ll tell  their  friends about how they were treated…

We all know how “difficult” clients can be (I certainly do) and can all share horror stories about being abandoned after doing so much work for them.  This client of mine works incredibly hard to ensure that their staff project the “right” level of professionalism and empathy.  The work is paying off not only in this case, but from comments they showed me about them (and one of their competitors) on social media.  

At times, dealing with others seems one of the most thankless occupations imaginable.  However, we know we’re getting it right when they come back for more.  And more is always good for business.

I have spent more than half my life delivering change in different world markets from the most developed to “emerging” economies. With more than 20 years in international financial services around the world running different operations and lending businesses, I started my own Consultancy to provide solutions for improving performance, productivity and risk management.  I work with individuals, small businesses, charities, quoted companies and academic institutions across the world. An international speaker, trainer, author and fund-raiser, I can be contacted by email. My website  provides a full picture of my portfolio of services.  For strategic questions that you should be asking yourself, follow me at @wkm610.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home