Thursday 14 June 2018

Thank You

In articles I wrote in January and June 2016, I commented on the power of the phrase “Thank you” to keep people happy.

More recently, one of the people coaches I follow, Michael Heppel, also wrote on the power of these two little words.  If Michael writes about it, then it’s important in my opinion.  

We’re so busy these days getting things done, with just-in-time deliveries, deadlines to meet, forms to fill, calls to answer, emails to send and meetings (lots of meetings) to attend that we forget that we’re dealing with people(and I’m just as guilty as anyone else in this respect). 

So before I go any further, Thank Youto all those who read this blog, who have commented in the past, or suggested ideas for content. Thank Youto Blogspot for hosting it (and for their recent warning about cookies).  Thank Youto those who have given their permission for me to publish blogs on the amazing experiences I’ve had with their businesses.  

Sometimes, saying “Thank You” may be hard, particularly after receiving “constructive” (but, all the same, hurtful) criticism from well-meaning people.  It’s even harder to say it to someone who has just complained in the strongest (to us) terms about our (lack of/poor quality service/product). 

Anything that helps us improve, shows our appreciation of others or brings in more business is welcome.

I don't think I say “Thank You” often enough – what about you?


I have spent more than half my life delivering change in different world markets from the most developed to “emerging” economies. With more than 20 years in international financial services around the world  running different operations and lending businesses, I started my own Consultancy to provide solutions for improving performance, productivity and risk management.  I work with individuals, small businesses, charities, quoted companies and academic institutions across the world. An international speaker, trainer, author and fund-raiser, I can be contacted by email. My websiteprovides a full picture of my portfolio of services.  For strategic questions that you should be asking yourself, follow me at @wkm610.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home