Wednesday 27 March 2024

They Remembered!

I was having lunch today at a local restaurant near my office. As soon as I walked in, the staff asked if I wanted my meal “without rice” (I’m on a Keto diet - although I wish it worked fasrter!).

 

It is these small things that people remember that show they take customer service seriously and that they recognise their “regulars”. They also brought me the green cut chillies that I love having with my food.

 

In our fast-paced world it’s often difficult to remember who one’s “regulars” are unless ones sees them on a daily basis. In a small community it’s easier, but in a city, it can be difficult especially when there are different staff on duty every day and there’s “pressure to perform”. 

 

Whilst it may have been a small thing to be asked whether I wanted rice, it still made me feel that I was known, welcomed, and valued.

 

How can we as business owners, make this happen in our businesses to make sure that our customers keep coming back for more?



I’ve spent more than half my life delivering change in different world markets from the most developed to “emerging” economies. With a wealth of international experience in international financial services around the world running different operations and lending businesses, I started my own Consultancy to provide solutions for improving performance, productivity and risk management.  I work with individuals, small businesses, charities, quoted companies and academic institutions across the world. An international speaker, trainer, author and fund-raiser, I can be contacted by email. My website  provides a full picture of my portfolio of services.  

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home